View Single Post
Old 2008-09-30, 03:34 PM

Some uploading questions

I'm currently seeding a bunch of shows on Dimeadozen that I uploaded which have pretty much run their course after a week or so. I was thinking of stopping my uploads over there and uploading them over here. I only have limited harddrive space and soon have to take them down altogether so I can seed more stuff though.

My first question is - is it OK/allowed for me to seed the stuff I already seeded on dime here? I don't know why not but I want to make sure I don't violate any rules, I only recently got into bittorrenting.

Also if it is OK to do, I was wondering if it was even worthwhile or not, since I would guess that most people here also have Dime accounts and if they wanted any of those seeds they would have already got them via Dime, yes or no? If "yes" then it would be waste of time and probably make more sense for me to just pick new stuff to seed here instead.

And (hopefully) last Q for now - if I do seed the stuff from Dime here, am I correct in understanding that I should delete the original "unpersonalized" .torrent file I used to start them on dime and make a new one with a new "announce" URL for tradersden to use here - or is there a way to change that in the file somehow (I am using v1.8 of utorrent)?

Thanks for any answers.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes