View Single Post
Old 2007-05-11, 12:30 PM
Rebel, Rogue & Sworn Brother

Re: Is there an explicit ratio policy here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phishblowz
but about this ratio issue...say for instance a 5gb credit to your account for every vine offer, or bnp fulfilled, etc...all the people who download without uploading but give back in other ways, would receive credit for what they do and it would balance the ratio...the only people who would have poor stats would be those who contribute nothing in any fashion here...it could be done, and it would settle a lot of the inaccuracies with the ratio...I even offered the idea of abandoning the ban idea, but still finding a way to make the ratio about your overall efforts, and not just your bandwidth count...but no one has said ANYTHING about it...is it a bad idea???

I just think that most folks who are very active in the vines and bnps are getting shortchanged when people see a lousy ratio and think they don't contribute...why not credit them so they are recognized and appreciated for the effort...that's why we post ratios here, is for the recognition of your effort (or lack thereof) so why not apply the credit properly...if this is not JUST a torrent site, then why are the ratios specific to the torrents, and not the whole site...would anyone opine on whether this idea sounds good (or even makes sense to anyone but me)...PLEASE!!! it sounds like the answer to a lot of these problems, and no one said a word about it...don't you viners and bnpers want to get credit for your efforts???
If ratios mean nothing - which has been stated time and time again on this site - they should just be removed from clear public view.

As for giving "credits" to people who do B&P or vines, who the fuck is going to go through all of THAT effort?? The staff here are not paid (although I do think that the Cover Art Mod should get some sort of reward, for his job is a tough one) and to expect them to wade through 20 miles of bullshit in order to give Skippy-La-HaHa his credit due for doing a B&P on a Weezer show taped on a radio shack handheld is just fucking idiotic.

Ratios are only good for one thing - making fun of cocksuckers who have low ones.

End of story.

Don't be an idiot.

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes