View Single Post
Old 2009-06-29, 08:23 AM

Question Questionable Trader: Michelangelo Lubrano

OK, start of last month this guy contacts me out of nowhere, and by nowhere I mean the email didn't come through here, TapeTrader or any other site I use. He emailed another 3 people the same message so he obviously got the addresses off of some trading site or another.

The full content of the email was:
my name is Michelangelo and I'm an italian trader,this is my dvd list
do you wanna trade?

Attatched was a list made up in Microsoft Word. Some pretty good shows there so I asked him which shows of mine he is interested in - presuming that he has surely seen it and hasn't just contacted some random. He comes back with a wish list of 7 shows which would take up 11 discs, along with his address asking me to send them out and get back to him with what I want from him.

Usually I'm fine with just sending at the same time, but the whole email out of nowhere, coupled with him asking me to send his discs before he even knew which shows he was trading for got me a little wary, so I emailed him back with the shows I would like and asked him to send his first, that I would stay in touch, etc.

Over a month has passed and I have had no further contact and no discs have arrived. I think I had a lucky escape here. I cant find his name on any trading sites so he obviously uses a totally different username but I thought I should post what I know here just in case it is this site he is using to try to set up trades.

Michelangelo Lubrano
Roma, Italy

TTD Feedback:
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...php?p=1047748#
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes