View Single Post
Old 2008-03-13, 11:08 AM
TTD Staff

Unhappy Re: Trader's Little Helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydesoto View Post
thank you very much.

I was confused because it sounded like a corrupt file but it said that it would decode properly, which (if I understand correctly) means that it would decode corrupted since the .ffp was made after the corruption took place.

As an example: source audio in wav form>flac compression>wav(and a corrupted transfer)>recompressed to flac.
Unfortunately I told you some crap in my last answer, really sorry for that. Don't know what happened when I posted this ... most likely I'm too old for all this newfangled technical stuff, or maybe for a short time my brain was taken over by some aliens who wanted to know everything about TLH, or I was just too diverted by my girl friend who from time to time tries to "convince" me that I can have more fun with her instead with my computers ;-) ...

Anyway, it's the "... either the checksum header part or the audio data part of the flac file is corrupt. Most times it's the audio data ..." statement that's wrong. If you experience one of the error messages we're talking about in most cases it is *not* the audio part because there wasn't any error during the decoding process (and it's very hard to fool the flac decoder). So most likely the raw audio data is *not* corrupt.

Robert
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes