View Single Post
Old 2010-03-18, 09:51 AM

Re: VHS Transfers & Quality [moved from the Van Halen Largo thread]

M_M_H, deuce8 knows his tech*. We've had discussions for years now.

He also has a really good point about lazy leechers that don't do any work to actually track down the content that fans seek. While I'm not big on the concert/music scene, I run into similar problems with other videos. He's clearly as frustrated as I can be sometimes. I'm not talking about torrent leeching either -- but people that don't add anything new to the scene, just trading what others have made.

And it's also possible to be the ONLY person able to provide something new to the community -- I'm not getting into details. Let's just say it requires knowing the right people, and being able to acquire what they have.

Most of that thread appears to be people bickering. You have three groups participating, too: one group that is clueless on video, and two others that are arguing over how to do it.

My advice is this: You really don't want to piss off guys that do that much work, and bring new stuff to the table. If he leaves, you're going to miss his work -- even if you didn't like him as a person (attitude, whatever). The whole community loses when these people disappear. More often than not, it happens because of bad experiences with others.

*I've never seen his work, but his info is sound.