View Single Post
Old 2005-03-07, 06:22 PM
Columbia, SC

Re: Redoing cue points (or chapter points) on DVDs

You're right. It was made on a stand-alone DVD recorder – no “menu” in the traditional sense. The chapter points are random in relation to the disc’s content . I called them cue points because that’s what they’re called in the audio world – when you split a WAV file into several tracks, such as with Gold Wave, you insert cue points. I didn’t know what they were really called in DVDs – chapter points or cue points or whatever. I figured y’all would know what I meant. I tried and tried to edit the ifo files with ifoedit and could not figure out how to do it. It’s quite obvious that the info is in the file. You can see where each chapter begins, both in terms of time (and you’re right, the chapters are about 5 minutes apart) and frame number. But you can’t seem to edit that info.

I really don’t know how to create an ifo file. I plan on screwing around with it. But if someone would like to give me some instructions (and I mean I want you to tell it to me like I’m a three year old) I’d be grateful.

Thanks,
Rob
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes