View Single Post
Old 2008-12-23, 12:15 PM
Music geek

Do I have the right take on this site?

I am gathering that you seem to be mostly devoted to bootlegs, live shows, etc. rather than studio work, rarities, etc. If my impression is correct then I'm in the wrong place. For the most part, with exceptions, I find most musicians, excepting jazz especially and definitely Led Zeppelin, studio work to be far superior to their live performances. Rush is a good example. I hate hearing Geddy Lee's voice crack umpteen times. Yes, there is good live stuff but trying to sort through it all from umpteen different shows to find gems is well.........more tiring than I have patience for. And I really don't care about video. If I want to see a band, I go. A video is a poor substitute in my book. I know not everyone can go and that's cool that many like videos and such but they aren't high on my list.

Have I perceived things correctly? If so, I'll move on to somewhere else that supports hosted releases in addition to torrents and is more geared towards studio work, rarities, and out of print material. Thanks.

Neil Young, Hippie Dream
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes