View Single Post
Old 2007-05-26, 05:15 AM
infecting the crypts.
TTD VIP
TTD Staff

Re: What are Site Admins allowed to do with donations?

I see ZFS´s point, but let me say one thing about "donations" (on a certain site) are equal to selling bootlegs or "stolen goods": Your donation there gives you 1 GB /2 GB for free for 1 buck. 1 GB would be a completely filled 2-CD-set, for example. If you see these donations as "selling goods", you´d get a Double-CD-Set, mostly including artwork and stuff, for 1 buck, and you are not forced to donate. On Ebay, the same stuff of the same source with the same layout would bring certainly 10 times more. And people would buy it, maybe knowing that they would get it for free elsewhere (what several replies to my "warnings" to buyers make me think). Over here, in Germany, I´ve seen so many factory-pressed silvers of shows that have been upped on several trackers, offered in stores and conventions I was working at. You´d pay about 20 bucks for a cheap DigiPak-version of a David Gilmour-show in 2006, and I guess I´ve seen the whole tour been offered on CD/DVD, the same stuff as offered on Dime and elsewhere. The Earls Court-DVD of PF´s "The Wall"-Tour, as offered on here all the years, the same artwork and stuff, about 5 different versions over the years as Silver-DVDs, for about 30 bucks. If you go for "selling stolen goods", come over here. People buy it, and I´ve asked so many why they do it. Mostly why they feel a "proper pressed Silver-CD is better than a CD-R", all this bullshit. I can understand people who mislike it or think of donations as being used for selling that stuff or whatever, but I don´t see the proportions. As I´ve mentioned before, I can´t complain about being handled rudely on a certain site (and I don´t say this because I´m scared of being banned or whatever), that may happen, it did not happen to me until now, and if I´d feel unhappy over there, I´d leave that site.

Last edited by uninvited94; 2007-05-26 at 05:20 AM.