View Single Post
Old 2005-09-17, 04:50 PM

Re: Yikes! (shntool help request) -b- -e -a-t-

looking at the shntool readme.txt reveals what shntool is reporting but not how to deal with it. the errors with the riff chunks and truncated stuff I've never dealt with before. What I would do is join them into one big wav. then open it in a wav editor and do some zooming and listening looking for errors, especially at the points where the cuts were originally made. assuming that goes well, properly recut them on sector boundaries, including padding the last track with silence at the end. the files are 16bit/44.1kHz so hopefully the funny riff chunk (missing or extra?? ) problems will go away. If you use audacity don't forget to set the export to 16bit/44.1kHz in the preferences. keep a backup of the original shn files somewhere until you're positive you've fixed everything.

I've never seen a show with this many errors reported by shntool, I would be hard pressed to find a way to create these kinds of errors intentionally!

please post back and let us know how you're doing with it, also feel free to ask any questions about cutting, padding et al.

thetradersden.org | ttd recommended free software/freeware webring
shntool tlh eac foobar2000 spek audacity cdwave vlc

Quote:
Originally posted by oxymoron
Here you are in a place of permanent madness, be careful!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes