View Single Post
Old 2008-05-06, 05:37 PM

Firewalled; Unsuccessful attempts to forward ports

Stats: Windows XP Home (Windows Firewall disabled); Linksys BEFW11S4 wireless Router; Motorola DSL Modem (unknown model number); AT&T Internet Security Suite Anti-Virus

I have a larger laptop (desktop-replacement sized) computer that is plugged into the router via ethernet cable. It also has a built-in wireless antenna that is always on, so it receives signal from the router wirelessly. So, when I pull up "Network Connections" from the control panel, it shows both connections ... the wireless connection and the LAN connection. Both show a status of "Connected".

In order to avoid multiple ways of accessing the internet, I disconnected the LAN connection, so that I was only connecting wirelessly. Then I went through the intstructions at PortForward to establish a Static IP, then to forward the ports on my router.

However, once that was complete, I was still showing up as being firewalled. I tested the system at canyouseeme.org and it couldn't see that port that I forwarded. So now I'm not sure what to do next.

I think there could be an issue with the DSL modem and the router with regard to forwarding the ports ... but I don't know how to fix it.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions.
D
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes