View Single Post
Old 2008-03-25, 03:09 PM
sweet

Unhappy CD/DVD Recovery Programs wanted

Hi All,
I am having some issues with DVD's. I used the drag & drop (direct cd)feature in Roxio (EZ CD Creator) usually without any problems. I leave these DVD's open for future copying, when it gets full then I close them. Since 2001 I have used this program & have never really had a problem (except the occasional coaster). The few times I have had a problem, I've used Scan Disc that comes with the program. I was able to see the files & copy them as normal from the bad DVD to my hard drive. This time however, when I use Scan Disc it does find files, but they are all renamed to some generic name & do not have the .FLAC extension anymore (I'm at work & cannot think of the exact extension it was giving me, but will check at home later). It seems like it will copy these renamed files to my hard drive, but even then I don't know what to do with these files... There seems to be a few Recovery programs out there that will check your DVD for free, but you need to pay for the extraction... which is fine & good, but I don't know if it'll work & I will not pay for anything without testing it first. I was looking to see what programs people have used with success... If I can at least get some good feedback on a program I will grab it. Of course I also would like to try any "trial" programs too, but it seems the ones I've come across only relay that the info is potentially there. All help is greatly appreciated!!!
Howardec

Howardec...

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes