View Single Post
Old 2005-02-15, 04:08 PM
h_vargas

Re: ISO - People that Make DVDs on Mac's

wilson, just out of curiosity, was your PC that died a pre-built machine you bought (like from one of those big name computer corporations)? just curious, as i read about several people who have "small businesses" using PCs/Premiere for video editing having their PCs die on them this past year... and curiously enough, they were all made by the same big computer corp. that has its headquarters in Texas, i believe, it is.

as for final cut pro hd letting users go from DV to HD with no quality loss, that's interesting... i may be way off base here, but i don't see any advantage of upsampling standard DV (720x480) to HD resolution. i mean, it's like if you take a typical Redbook WAV file at 16/44.1 and upsample it to 24/48, it's not going to sound "better" because the source material was captured at the lower bit-depth/resolution. i would think the same holds true for upsampling video resolution - it may not "lose" quality, but it won't really gain quality either... just boost the file size.

but if i'm off base on this, someone please point me to the light!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes