View Single Post
Old 2008-01-18, 01:21 PM
All Wrongs Reversed

ipod to itunes, mac osx

Alright, i realize there are better forums for this, but for some reason i trust you people. So heres the situation, my friend gave me her old ipod, which is windows formatted. both of us now have macs. the ipod acts strange, sometimes it allows me to access the music library, sometimes i get the sad face. itll die for a week or so and then sudden itll be fine.

I was able to sync it up to my computer during all these periods, and once was able to use ipodrip to get some songs off of it so I could try to restore it and mac format it, however, it went wacky again halfway through this process. Now its showing signs of life yet again, and I'm attempting to get the music off. I can sync it to my itunes library just fine, but I can't seem to get ipod rip programs to work with it. I've tried with both ipod rip and touchcopy (which requires me to use it in disk mode).

Does anyone have any experience with anything like this and know how I might be able to get the library onto a hard drive so I can restore and reformat? Any help and ideas is much appriciated.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes