View Single Post
Old 2005-08-04, 01:00 AM
spiritinaphoto

Re: Operating System Cannot be Found

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishcrazy2005
Yeah, I did mean NTFS, lol, and I know that I am running it for sure because I formatted this drive myself. I will try the RAM test this evening.

It is unlikely that it is the burning software, as I have had discs fail using Roxio, Nero, and EAC.

Thanks for all your help as usual Ted.

-Phil
Your symptoms sound a lot like how my computer was behaving before the hard drive died. Has your computer been slowing down as well? Are you starting to hear a strange sound coming from your computer? Maybe these symptoms haven't shown up yet--I know the burning problem came first and the other symptoms took a while to show up in my case.

I'm going to recommend running the hard drive checking utilities that go with your hard drive. If you get a SMART status error, contact the manufacturer immediately, because that's sufficient ground for an RMA in most cases. When we tried to run the hard drive checking utility on my dying hard drive, it wouldn't even run because SMART status on my drive failed (the most severe kind of SMART error). We told Gateway about it, and they shipped me a replacement immediately (well, if you can consider a refurbished Hitachi a true replacement for a Western Digital).
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes