Thread: opinions...
View Single Post
Old 2005-10-24, 01:05 PM
thornhill

Re: opinions...

that dj shadow show has a step of lossy in it somewhere... not mp3 but perhaps minidisc. same goes for the quannum collective show but that one could possibly be mp3. it was torrented on dime a while back. the squarepusher is minidisc. I managed to track down the original (or atleast so im told) info file:

Squarepusher a/k/a Tom Jenkinson

Bowery Ballroom, NYC
August 6, 2003

Audience recording
Sony MD > ?don't remember what I used to get it on disc > .wav > dbPoweramp > .flac

I think this is an excellent recording - the show is very clear with a minimum of crowd noise. I was in the upper balcony on the left side. A lingering security guard caused me to have to hide my mic for a portion of the recording, but that results in only a slight muffling. The show was loud enough so that I could use a nice low recording level and the result is a VERY clean and listenable recording. I have edited this a bit, so it's much shorter than the actual show. If this goes well, I'll try to seed an entire show from last May. These '03 shows formed a lot of the material that ended up on 'Ultravisitor'.

Selist is a bit difficult because there's so much improv. 'Ultravisitor' is on there and the last track is 'Come on My Selector' (with a little Stanley Clark thrown in). Any help with the other tracks would be apreciated.

Enjoy!

-Mpomy

DO NOT ENCODE TO MP3 OR ANY OTHER LOSSY FORMAT

NEVER SELL - ALWAYS SHARE
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes