Thread: IPODs
View Single Post
Old 2005-12-04, 11:52 AM
Columbia, SC

Re: IPODs

PyRo UK:

I’m not even sure where to begin.

I have 2 iPods. One is about 3 years old (the very first model). The other is a little more than a year (generation 4 model). I have never had a single problem with either.

My friend bought his iPod about same time I did (the first gen iPod) and it died after maybe 6-9 months. It was replaced, for free, under warranty. The replacement was the generation 2 iPod I believe – the one with the 4 buttons plus the wheel – and it came with a bigger HD than the one that died. That one has been going strong for 2 plus years.

As was pointed out already, if MP3 is your thing, iPods play MP3s.

I know a great deal about music, bit rates, etc. I have 2 iPods because I have enough music to fill 2. I am thinking very seriously about getting a 3rd iPod this month. I like the video feature and I would like one exclusively filled with shows I’ve downloaded from Dime, TTD, etc.

I think the deal is that YOU don’t care for iPods because they are extremely popular and you see yourself as being some sort of “outside the box” hipster. Get whatever kind of portable music player you like. But don’t suggest that iPods are crap. Their not. They do what they do extremely well, that’s why Apple has 75% of the US market for portable MP3-type music players.

Rob
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes