View Single Post
Old 2005-08-15, 11:49 PM
Neckbrain Inc.

Re: MD Audio Transfer.... I'm a Newbie to this..

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauglife
I use Sonicstage by sony for all my minidisc needs. Don't know if it works with other brands but their newestly updated program is fantastic. Or if you have a good sound recording program you could go to a radio shack, buy a mini to mini chord, plug it into your headphone jack on the md and your in on your sound card. and press play and record. Voila.
So the miniChord gets beter quality than just a regular jack! Cool. Thats what I figured.

Quote:
The software rarely makes a difference in the quality of the sound.

The important thing is the way you connect your minidisc output to your computer. Is it a digital or analog connection? Digital is better. If it's analog (via the line in on your soundcard) your soundcard will affect the sound a lot.
That what I also thought of. Before I've recorded on video, And if I didn't like the video, I would just get the audio thru my SoundBlaster Sound card from my Old Computer and it came out just fine, BUt I've been recording thru my Laptop mic recorder and its just been awful. How can I get a digital recording into my Computer from my MD??

"NERIEGA"
Neckbrain Inc.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes