View Single Post
Old 2008-02-04, 04:45 PM

Re: Is my ISP blocking me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooncusser View Post
Are you and the roomate sharing an internet connection? If so, then it's doubtful that the ISP is blocking one PC versus another.

Your PC should be getting an IP address from the router. There might be an issue with your network card or the configuration of the router. Are there any recent changes to your PC (hardware or softwate) or the router that happened around the time this started?
Hi Moon, thanks for the reply. Yes both of my roomates connect to the internet through the same Modem/router combo supplied by TimeWarner. It's an AMBIT that I cannot port-foward for the life of me but that's a whole nother issue! They conncet wirelessly and I go through the back of the unit via teh ethernet cable. The modem is seeing it as i am getting the connectivity light, just no IP address.

I tried my ethernet card and the wireless card but both have the same problem, they aren't getting IP addresses.

It just occured to me that I didn't re-boot the modem, I'm going to try that as soon as I get home, barring that I'm out of ideas. There are no recent changes with software or hardware. It just stopped working

All thoughts aer welcome, thanks!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes