View Single Post
Old 2008-05-14, 08:31 PM
Starving Artist

Re: mp3/lossless question for audiophiles...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritinaphoto View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicCharlie
I am not that bad off lol But I am going deaf in my left ear so I can't hear the difference. But just incase I magicaly get my hearing back (haven't in 20 years lol) I leave them the way I download them when I listen on my PC . But I do understand why NOT to trade the mp3's .. That is just common sense lol But wanted to actually make a post now that I seem to have more free time now lol
Post whoring in Technobabble...love it!

Anyway, back to the person who started this thread, one more voice to say keep your mp3s to yourself--never pollute the trading pool by distributing them...those who can tell the difference won't be pleased if you do!

(Can we have a sticky in here on the lossy/lossless debate so this crap doesn't recur every month or so?)
Is it more accurate to say that single generation high bitrate mp3s are not the real reason for the lossless-only policy, and the real threat to diluting the trading pool is files that are mp3s of mp3s of mp4s of wmas of mp3s. . . the end result of which is DEFINITELY audible by anyone on anything.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes