View Single Post
Old 2007-09-28, 08:34 AM
TTD Staff

Re: Trader's Little Helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackertai
For some reason, all my md5's check out for shn files in TLH, but they will not decode. And it's literally all of my SHNs, not just one or two file-sets. Is this a widespread problem, or am I just doing something wrong (I can decode with mkwACT, I'd just prefer the TLH).
1) Do you use the last publice release (build 90) of TLH?

2) Did TLH ever decode shn files properly on your system?

3) I suppose you're having a problem with your OS. Please run a test: use TLH to show the file details of some of your shn files. Are there "... fatal error - C:\WINDOWS\shntool.exe: *** fork: can't reserve memory" error ..." error messages?

If yes Windows OS (WinXP SP2) refuses to give shntool the memory needed. The reason seems to be one of the Windows security updates. There is no workaround/fix known to get Windows "back to normal", even an un-install of the latest release and re-install of the previous release of TLH will not help at all. The only thing that does help is a complete new WinXP installation ... The next release of TLH (available in November or December this year) will not have this problem.

If you're not getting the error message described above please contact me via email.

Robert
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes