View Single Post
Old 2007-08-29, 02:29 AM
TTD Staff

Notes Re: Trader's Little Helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyandamie
... So when i click on "here" it says "open", "save." And I've tried both. I get directed to a site that is in all German and I can't understand, I think it's "upload.com" However when I hit open or save, Neither time do I get a zip file. It just saves it into the Windows directory. And I get the same thing, file corrupt or truncated when I try to decode. I removed the program and re dl it. I can't udnerstand why these files aren't there. ...
Danny, you are _really_ puzzling me ;-) ...

When you click on "here" your browser opens a website. Then an "Open/Save" dialog is opened _automatically_ (no need to understand what the website is telling you). You want to _download_ the .rar file, so choose "Save". Next you will be asked where to save the file. Choose a folder of your choice, but do _not_ choose your Windows directory. When the download is finished you may close the website that was opened for downloading.

Open Windows Explorer, go to the folder where the downloaded file is located. Double-click on that file to open it. Choose "Extract". Now you will be asked where to save the extracted files. Choose your Windows directory. If you are asked "Overwrite existing file" answer "Yes". That's it. You may delete the .rar file from its download location.

What is this "I removed the program and re dl it. I can't udnerstand why these files aren't there." thing??? What _program_? Did you remove TLH???

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyandamie
Ok, so I think I may have discovered something. I can decode FLAC Files quickly and fine. But when I try the shn (which show up as little windows) it takes a long time. A real long time. The audio file will show up immediately and I can play some of it for awhile. But then again, it keeps saying decoding. Does it just take longer now than use to for shn files? Like I said, FLAC Seems to be doing good.
What do you mean with "... shn (which show up as little windows) ..."??? Little windows??? Please provide a screenshot.

Of course "The audio file will show up immediately" because each decoded part is written _directly_ to disk. But you should wait until decoding is _finished_ before you play the decoded file.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes