View Single Post
Old 2007-09-19, 05:16 PM

Re: please help me U2Lynne

Yeah, the new hub is definitely something that needs to be done.
That is excellent advice. I just need to find the time to drive the 50 miles to a big town. Hell, that may solve the problem.

I already did everything for localhost, ip address, pinging, ethernet configuration, router configuration, and I attempted repeatedly to add the ISP manually. We do have Yast2 in opensuse 10.2, and it normally just handles problems like this with a little coaxing.

Dude, I do not want to start going into the really small data, but if I have to I will. There is no other high speed ISP for this area. The only reason I talked about going into the tiny details is because I have done every single other thing. I really do appreciate your input though.

I'm one of the guys who worked with ALSA to hack the snd-hda-intel based hidef soundcard module. It took me 4 months to get my bleeding edge soundcard to work. I don't want to go through something like that again, and, as you say, this just doesn't seem worth it. But I like uploading... a lot.