View Single Post
Old 2013-10-24, 08:59 PM
Bugs

Re: What's with Hungercity again?

No. I have not been hanging out at HungerCity, but I did receive a hillarious email from them today, which I have pasted below. I have changed my actual name, I have replaced sensitive characters that could identify me and the transaction with asterisks, and I have highlighted some of text with boldface. Otherwise, this is the email I received verbatim:

Quote:
Subject: Reference: SERVER HC ORGANIZATION - Donation from Jonathan Dough ([email protected])
Date: October 24, 2013 at 2:16 PM
To: Jonathan Dough <[email protected]>

Thank you for your donation, Sorry for the extreme delay in processing your credits, but we need to know the email addy used to send the funds from PayPal... Thank you again!

On Sun, Jun 30, 2013 at 12:22 PM, Jonathan Dough via PayPal <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello HungerCity,

This email confirms that you have received a donation of $**.00 USD from Jonathan Dough ([email protected]). You can view the transaction details online.

Donation Details

Total amount: $**.00 USD
Currency: U.S. Dollars
Reference: SERVER
Confirmation number: ******************
Purpose: HC ORGANIZATION
Contributor: Jonathan Dough

Sincerely,
PayPal

PayPal Email ID ******
Someone really "need[s] to know the email addy used to send the funds from PayPal" ? Did this person ever think ... uh ... that it might be the address to which said person sent the email asking me what my email address is? Does PayPal not make it crystal clear what my email address is? Is there not (the section in bold) a link that leads to the transaction details? Is there something that I'm missing here, or is this person truly one of the dumbest lumps of flesh polluting this planet?
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes