View Single Post
Old 2007-12-15, 01:20 PM
Dum duh dum dumm

Question Question regarding Mac, Airport Extreme, and Transmission

Hi all,
When I log on to the Dime using Transmission 0.8.2 it auto maps port 9090 successfully and I appear to not be firewalled.

However, when I log on here with the same, it says I am firewalled. I went to the canyouseeme link you provided and it had no problem seeing me!

I am using an older G5 Dual Tower, running highest Tiger current with the RCA modem provided by my cable company, Earthlink is the ISP, and Airport Extreme. The path is RCA modem>Airport>computer. Mac firewall is off. Tried many times unsuccessfully to use portforward.com to no avail. I still have no problem connecting and seeding, speeds are comparable to before I got the Airport. Just curious if there is an easy solution as I like to be as share-friendly as possible.

Btw, I stayed with the older Transmission because the newer version stopped mapping the port correctly. I usually use BT 4.0.2 for uploading, and that shows me a firewalled, because I couldn't seem to get Transmission to upload properly. I hated Azureus, maybe I'm just getting too old...

Thanks.
Dave
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes