View Single Post
Old 2008-08-01, 10:22 AM

Re: External Mic issues with Edirol R09 HR

Thanks everyone. I will try things when I get home from work. I did try a bunch of different combinations with battery box etc when at the venue but was rushed and had to watch my back so I am not 100% sure if I tried whats been suggest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoso-shane69 View Post
Besides this issue how is the new Edirol? Been contemplating purchasing one.
It works great even with the internal mics. The biggest pain in the ass I've found is that it has two blinking light on it when it is recording. A couple pieces of hockey tape fixed that. I asked alot of people that had one about it and the only consistent thing I was told is to watch for the mic jacks as they are not built as good as they could of been. They are located on the side of the unit so if you don't have an angeled mic plug it can be tricky. I was told to try and not get the HR version as there is some "unfriendly to taper changes" from the 09, but I could not locate one that was cheaper then the HR... I think it is a great investment.

Its great for getting into venues. I walked with it in my hand through pat down. They asked whats in your hand, "My phone". Let me in no issues lol
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes