View Single Post
Old 2007-05-28, 07:58 AM
GrOoOvemeister

Re: What are Site Admins allowed to do with donations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAR.oner

I'm the taper/author/filmer and I want that show removed!
Our policy here is similar to that at a major torrent site. The rights to the audio/video belong to the performer. Once that show gets out of your hands, you don't have any control over what is done with it. If someone uploads a show that you taped/filmed/authored/remastered, you may ask the uploader to remove it ONCE (any other requests may be deleted at the discretion of the Mods), but it is up to them whether they want to ask us to remove it. However, that doesn't mean that show is permanently banned from here. Someone else may end up uploading it and not feel like asking for it to be removed.

for me personally, as both staff and a taper, i think that a tapers wishes should be respected if at all possible...end of story

what I am saying is this, if a taper upped a show at Zomb with a request not to seed it here, would that be respected here, or if someone decides to upload it here, so be it...I think the policy states that you honor the request of the band, and the request of the person who uploaded it here...if the tables were turned here, would we have allowed our community to disrespect Zomb??? I just imagine we're better than that here, but I was curious how that works...I'm glad to know that we have an "official" policy, but I'm even happier to hear that you guys are willing to take each case into consideration (understanding that there is a huge grey area...

in this precise scenario, switching the roles of Zomb and TTD, would TTD respect the wishes of the taper who upped at Zomb...seems hypocritical of us here if we wouldn't respect it...I just wanna make sure we're not flaming Zomb admin for something we would do here

BTW Lynee is awesome...all you other staffers suck balls

just kidding, you guys all do a helluva job...I may not always agree with you guys, but I always respect you guys for the hard work you do...keep up the good work here guys...thanx for everything