View Single Post
Old 2005-04-17, 11:44 PM
Yeah, that's a zebra donkey

Re: More about offsets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five
It's great if a CD/CDR is ripped with EAC with the offsets corrected but if the track quality is 67.00% on several tracks then the .log file is the thing that matters much more. Two silvers from the same pressing run can be extracted on two computers with offsets corrected and come up with the same .st5 / .ffp checksum values, but only if the quality is 100.00% (or perhaps very very close) on all tracks.
I could be wrong here, but from I understand the track quality percentage is not actually a measure of the accurateness (I have no idea if that is actually a word or not, but I'm going with it) of the extracted track. I believe that it is actually a representation of the physical quality of that track on the disc (it is a measure of how many rereads EAC must do to get an exact copy). As long as there are no errors reported on the track, it is an exact copy of the track. I forget where I read this, but it was either at the Coaster Factory or at the EAC forums. This explains why you can rip a brand new CD that you just took out of the wrapper and note get 100% on all tracks.

-Phil
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes