View Single Post
Old 2007-05-28, 06:54 PM

Re: Error message on Purple Chick AB torrent

I use Bit Torrent and it seems to work okay when it comes to downloading other torrents, both here and at Dimeadozen. I once had a minor problem on a particular torrent which involved going in and changing a number in the name of the file...but that was some time ago and only seemed to apply to that one download. I am unable to download ANY of the torrent file itself. Once I click on the torrent, save it on my computer, then click on it again to begin the download I immediately get the following message:

"AB Road - Complete Purple Chick Set v1.1 with patches" : This .torrent file has been created with a broken tool and has incorrectly encoded filenames. Some or all of the filenames may appear different from what the creator of the .torrent file intended.

I have no idea what that really means, except that lots of other folks have downloaded this file, so I close that error message and continue. Then I get the following message:

"AB Road - Complete Purple Chick Set v1.1 with patches" : IO Error [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Documents and Settings\\Jerry\\AB Road - Complete Purple Chick Set v1.1 with patches\\Jan.08 - D3-46 - Malague?.115.flac'

So, as you can see, I never even get to the point where I begin to download any files.

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes