View Single Post
Old 2008-01-11, 03:39 PM

Guides: How To Split 1 DVD9 Into 2 DVD5

I posted this some time ago. Luckily, I saved this as a text file for future use. (Computers are wonderful for that).

These guides use either two tiny free well-known tools. They are easy to follow and fast.

Quote:
DVDFab - Main movie Split Guide (no menus)
Note: skip Step 1 as you don't need to decrypt the files.

Splitting a DVD to two DVD-Rs using DVD Shrink 2.3 (no menus)
I prefer using DVDShrink because is more versatile. For example, with DVDFab you're fucked if the dvd has no chapters.

Q&A
Q: Those are really old news!! Why are you posting them again?
A: Because, the Zeppelin O2 '07 Third Eye video will land here pretty soon...(update) NOT!

Q: I would like to, somehow, keep the information displayed on menus.
A: Use the DVDShrink method. Drag&drop the menu(s) item(s) from the right panel to the left panel. It will create some sort of slideshows from the menu and sub-menus.

Q: Are those methods compromising the video quality?
A: No. You just lose two things: menues, and the pleasure to watch a concert in one sit (you have to stand-up to change the disc, unless you have a multi-changer player).

Q: I am very impatient. Can I do the conversion while still seeding?
A: Yes. These methods don't alter your original files.
An advice: backup the original DVD9 video to external media. You may want, in the future, to have the show on a dual-layer disc in its orignal form.

Q: Why don't you just buy a dual-layer burner?
A: I have one. Problem here is the scarcity and ridiculous expensiveness of DVD9 blanks.
Also, note that different people from different countries, different cultures may have different motivations to avoid DVD9.

Q: Lastly, what do you think is the best beer in the world?
A: Belgian beer.

Last edited by dementrium; 2008-02-08 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Wrong forecast in Q1. New QA added.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes