View Single Post
Old 2009-12-17, 12:04 PM

How to align sectors?

New member here with another naive question. I'm sure this has been covered, and in fact I saw it in a post a few days ago, but now I can't find it anywhere in the FAQ or in the search function. I've got an audio show ready to go as .wav tracks, and I see from the guidelines that I need to eliminate sectors boundary errors before encoding as Flac files. The Flac encoding I think I can do. I have just downloaded FLAC and also CDWave, but I can't quite figure out how to use them to do this.

I tried adding the wave files to FLAC and checking the "sector align" box, but it started with the last file first and then went through the rest of the tunes. I saw a note that it should process them in order, and so I'm worried about the fact that it started with the last track. And it wrote a little note after each track telling me that so many samples were being carried over due to sector errors, but I don't know if that means the errors were being corrected or if it's telling me things are screwed up.

Also, what's a cue sheet? Do I need to create filename for one, and if so, will a cue sheet be generated? Or do I need to somehow create a cuesheet in advance and tell FLAC what to do with it before encoding?

I edited the original wave file in Adobe Audition and then cut it up into tracks using Audition, and I hope that's not an irreversible error. Can someone talk me through the process fixing the sector errors? I hope to get my first upload done today. Thanks very much!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes