Thread: Advice
View Single Post
Old 2009-07-29, 07:28 AM

Advice

Hey Guys,

I'm not entirely sure this is the right place to put this but I couldn't think of anywhere better!

A month ago I set up a "Questionable Trader" thread here:
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=73908

Basic background is this guy contacts me out of nowhere, asks for a 10 disk trade and to tell him when his shows are on their way, before even knowing my half of the trade. I sent him back a list of what I wanted and ask him when he is sending, etc and get nothing back.

Almost 2 months later I figure he was obviously trying to rip me off so I set up the thread here and deleted everything to do with him.

BUT

Now, another month after the thread appeared on here, he has sent me a load of shows. 3 months down the line, having heard nothing since the original emails requesting a trade. The disks are good quality, although one of them is an official release. Problem is, after 3 months with no communication nor disks, I no longer have his email address or the shows he requested.

Like I said, he contacted me directly via email, not through any trading sites, so when I thought he was a scam I just deleted his request! So what do I do now? Although 1 of his shows was an official release, and although it took him 3 months with no communication whatsoever, he has at long last kept his side of the deal, so I technically now owe him a bunch of shows but have no way of contacting him to actually refresh what our trade was!

I have searched through other trading sites and his name doesn't come up on any of them. The only thing I can think of is just to wait until he contacts me to find out where his disks are then try to explain things but then that may put me into a bad light?!

Any ideas?!

TTD Feedback:
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...php?p=1047748#
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes