View Single Post
Old 2005-03-29, 03:43 AM

Re: Trader's Little Helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by roann
If you get 'Version ???' the .exe file of Trader's Little Helper may be corrupt. Another reason for this mystery could be an older version of Windows (95, 98 or ME), but I don't think this is it. Please uninstall Trader's Little Helper. Download the setup file(s) and install again (http://thor.prohosting.com/roh0205/).

Good news (decoding sequence in Trader's Little Helper is ok).

This seems to be not a "real" error message ... The caption of the message box should be "Error: Invalid data" and in the box there should be a more specific description of the error ("file is truncated or otherwise corrupt" for instance).

That's the summary of the whole testing process. But above there must be a line "filename.flac: tested ok" or "filename.flac: (some kind of error message)". I suppose you haven't got this line have you?

No, there are other reasons for this. This is not related to our problem.

You said earlier this flac file can be decoded without problems. Is the size of the decoded file bigger than the size of the flac file? Did you listen to the decoded file - no unusual skips, no unexpected end?

PS: If there is some way I can get this flac file from you please PM me.
Yes, I do have Windows ME.
I'll do the test again when I get home tonight. I can't remember what it said about the FLAC file.
There definitely was no description of what type of error it was other than 'invalid data.'
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes