View Single Post
Old 2006-08-10, 01:46 PM

Re: Digitalized cassette, good job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five
even at 50% its totally ruining the sound... listen to the singer on the original vs 50%.

your noise profile, fft size and graph settings must be all wrong. also, the buzzing sound is very difficult to tackle with nr, it takes many tries to get it in sync (if its possible at all). trust me, I did some things I regret with nr when I first started using it, it took at least a year of experience before I started getting better results.

I want to somehow convince you not to use noise reduction, I feel it is a bad idea because of the type of noise on this. If you insist on using it at least give me a piece to take a new better noise sample from for you. It will still ruin the show a little but at least if I do it you will ruin the show less! please don't use nr on this.
The original file is kept for sure, but we figured listening to it is not "nice". Hence the noise reducted version for listening pleasure and [maybe] trading for people who prefer it, but the question is can this be traded or is it lossy??

Here a link to full track (only have flac version, hope that doesn't matter):
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NA7SLLVD
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes