View Single Post
Old 2007-07-30, 09:31 PM
Benign sociopath

Re: Linksys 54G router and Utorrent 1.6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bocajoes

2. I read on another forum that the Linksys 54G router and Utorrent 1.6.1 have a problem with seeding torrents for a long period of time. They will time out and users will not be able to connect, which I think is what is happening to me. I read about a firmware upgrade for the Linksys 54G that supposedly fixes this but I am hesitant to download it. Any users out there try this and is it effective?

I have a linksys WRT54g and also use utorrent 1.6.1. I've had the router for about three & a half years, never had an issue seeding. I use a custom firmware.

Firmware Version : v4.30.1, HyperWRT 2.1b1 +tofu13c

You can find out all you need to know about it here: http://www.hyperwrt.org/

**ALWAYS back-up your default firmware first before installing any custom firmware!

As for the access problem, if you hold the reset button down for a few seconds, that will reset everything back to default (login: blank PW: admin).

If you haven't already, in utorrent set the seeding ratio to -1 (default is something like 1.5 %), this allows for constant seeding:

Preferences > Queueing > Seed While (ratio is <= -1 or seeding time is: ignore )

Hope that helps.

Last edited by Esau; 2007-07-30 at 09:37 PM.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes