View Single Post
Old 2007-05-27, 01:14 AM

Re: What are Site Admins allowed to do with donations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashing0
it's not a "Fuck-the-Taper" policy
it's a "What the fuck are you talking about I can't share?" policy
ZOMB allows ALL lossless, non-commercial material from taper-friendly bands

We love tapers! without them we wouldn't have this great hobby. We just don't like playing politics and favourites.

If I were to tape a show, like I hope to start doing soon and tagged it with "Only listen to on Tuesday nights in the light of a full moon" should you listen to my request? No! That's just stupid, and to us Don't share a Smashing Pumpkins recording on a tracker (loosely) founded on the Smashing Pumpkins sounds just as stupid to us

Honest, well meaning and reasonable taper requests will always be honoured by ZOMB Staff, but we'll still listen to recordings on a Wednesday even if we're told not to
As a taper I do not think it is too far out of line to ask that the torrent not be reseeded elsewhere until the torrent is not active with leechers.........most torrents will drop off within a few days of the first complete download. If it was all about getting it out ASAP I would post it at as many torrent sites as I could personally but anybody who wants to download a show from here is welcome with little or no restrictions. It sounds like to me that "Zomb" just got their nose bent out of shape because they didn't have it posted on their site first as it is a Smashing Pumpkins based torrent site and could not wait until the original torrent had run it's course.

Just remember........you need us tapers more than we need your services. Quit acting like you are doing us a favor by hosting our show.....you are doing it for the people who use your website to get music that we want to share. Get over yourself allready!