View Single Post
Old 2005-08-28, 12:16 AM

Re: Report all ratio issues here

I want to chime in here, particularly regarding the "matter of pride" issue.

Like someone who posted previously I try to reopen windows on older torrents which need seeders. (Most recently I did this on Led Zeppelin 4/28/77, uploaded 1.27G while downloading nothing before switching back to something on another site.) I would rather use my bandwidth to help someone get a show nobody else seems to be seeding than participate in something newer (as in after the tracker changed) which has many seeders.

As long as there is not going to be an issue with share ratio enforcement I will continue to seed on an "unnoticed" basis. Hopefully those who look at others' share ratios and judge them on it will understand that the ratios might be low because they are seeding on older torrents. If people look at others' ratios and judge in ignorance of the new vs old tracker -- well, why should I care what people think who can't even bother to read the information provided here about ratios and trackers etc.?

The only way this could become an issue (for me, at least) is if a SRE policy were to be put in place.

Meanwhile, thanks for the place to comment on this, and for the site. Without TTD I would never have discovered the glory of live Led Zeppelin and now I am obsessed and have more discs than I know what to do with.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes