View Single Post
Old 2006-02-10, 11:07 AM

Re: How Do I Burn Flac Files to a CD-R

keep a copy of the FLAC files and everything that came in the folder that you downloaded via bt. burn this as a data disc.

if you want a copy for your car, you need to do a conversion. the type of cd/cdr that plays in your "normal" cd player is called an "Audio CDR" (or if its pressed, then "Audio CD"). Audio cds/cdrs are very difficult to burn perfectly and are difficult and time-consuming to verify so we recommend them only for personal use (keep the FLACs as mentioned above, and trade those together with the other little files included).

EAC is the preferred prog for ripping & burning audio cdrs because it provides error reports and is capable of compensating offsets and creating perfect copies. If your burning drive is supported by EAC, this should be your first choice. Instructions on installation and configuration of EAC are available here. EAC also can't read FLAC files, so you need to temporarily decompress the FLACs to .wav format using TLH or FFE (links in my signature). Then open EAC, hit "wri" on the left, drag the .wav files into the window one at a time, then write the audio cdr (the option is in one of the drop downs there). There is one more popup window with a button that says "make it so" which starts the actual burning. After the audio cdr is burned, test it out in your home stereo, then delete the wav files (keep the FLACs).

I don't burn very many audio cdrs these days and when I do I usually don't use nero for the reasons mentioned above. there is also an additional pain that nero likes to add annoying 2 second "TAO" (track at once) gaps, so make sure you are in disc at once mode when using nero, you also may have to select the files in your compilation and set the gaps to zero (except the first track has to have 2 seconds at the beginning of it for some reason ). If you can't get the nero plugins working (I never did) you can temporarily decompress to wav as mentioned in the previous paragraph.

Is that about as clear as mud? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
Hey!!! The first two replies told him how to burn them as flac files!
okay you are off the hook!

thetradersden.org | ttd recommended free software/freeware webring
shntool tlh eac foobar2000 spek audacity cdwave vlc

Quote:
Originally posted by oxymoron
Here you are in a place of permanent madness, be careful!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes