View Single Post
Old 2006-01-07, 01:04 PM
The Happy Guy

Re: What Router Do You Use With What Torrent Program?

i had a diconnecting problem awhile back......
i use bit torrent OSX and i NOW have a 2wire router...everything works great...now. BUT awhile back, after about6-8 months of belkin router use, i started to loose connection everynight....i would get up in the morning and all my torrents would be stopped and i would have to restart the computer to surf the net and restart the torrents... i went round and round with belkin,who said it was my ISP, and my ISP who said it was my router
so i ended up caving in and spending another 180.00 to get the 2wire router that my ISP was offering so when it didnt work i could tell them to come out and fix it...since they would not do anything since i was using a third party
router..... well i got it hooked up and sure enough it worked for awhile then started to drop connection again..... so long story even longer...it turned out to be my DSL line out on the telephone pole outside the house..
so some guy in a yahoo DSL truck came out the next day, said my lines on the pole were all f'd up but should be fine now.
havent had a problem since....but i did go thru a couple of belkin routers...
that were perfectly fine owell

thought i would share my story....hope it helps someone....

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes