View Single Post
Old 2005-07-31, 04:01 PM
ClassOfAllMyLove

Re: Your thoughts about Azureus please

I got 512mb of ram and a athlon 2200, and i use azureus and it doesnt slow the computer down at all, i never have problems (though that is becuse i dont have an AV at the moment, juts a firewall and spyware destroyer, i seem quite lucky without viruses, and AV programs always seem more hassle than they are worth for me = every 4 months i install, run then delete)... anyway...

azureus i have no problems with, it is slow starting up as its loading the torrents, and sometimes it seems to take a few of the torrents "update with the tracker" until a light goes green (for some reason all torrents are on red for first 10 minutes or so), but thats probrably a problem with my connection rather than azureus. as for the whole extra cpu usage... is this like when you hit Ctrl Alt Delete and see the percentage its using? because if so azureus is on 0, whereas "javaw" jumps to 2 or 4 at most, azureus does that as well....

long ramble there, but basically i think its great, been using it for 6 months now.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes