View Single Post
Old 2006-04-10, 08:48 AM

Need Help With Sony Vegas

I know there are a lot of threads already on this subject, and I've searched and read quite a few of them, but I still have a few questions on Sony Vegas 6 for synching audio with video. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a great show I just recorded digitally using a mini-DV camcorder. I also have the flac audio files for the show from an audio taper. My question is this: Do I decompress the flac files and import the WAV files? By doing this, I would be importing multiple tracks, since the audio is already split up. Is this how folks normally do this, or is it better to import one big WAV file that isnt split up?

I know I will have to synch the audio with the video, so my question is, if there are multiple audio tracks, and I move one to line it up with the video, do all the other audio tracks move with it? I assume they would if they were all selected, but again, Im not familiar with this program and just wondered how people normally do this.

I am going out to buy a book on Vegas to read, and plan on spending quite a bit of time using this project to learn the program. Does anyone have any suggestions on a book, besides the manual, thats a good research tool for a novice?

Thanks so much for any input on these topics!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes