View Single Post
Old 2008-06-15, 01:22 AM

Re: MP3

Quote:
Originally Posted by uninvited94 View Post
People are stupid. I donīt know if itīs as hard as in Germany in other countries to tell people that MP3s are kind of retarded...what they canīt hear with their own ears, that does not exist. When I make a note on fan-forums and stuff that I have recorded this or that show, the first question always is: Could you upload the MP3s on Rapidshare?
its the same in Canada. music+computer=mp3 to mostly everybody. when I mention lossless (i.e. non-mp3) to mostly anybody they seems as tho they never realized in their life that mp3 was any different from wav. that or else they believe there is a 2% or so quality loss.

as for the online community, without etree (the mother of all sites like this) the trading pool would be 90% mp3 (the other 10% would be phish and GD shows).

when its most harmful to the trading pool is when somebody transfers a unique recording and shares it as mp3 then figures they're done with it, put the master tape back in the bottom of some box in their basement. then all you can get is mp3, because that's all there is.

I'll merge this with the catch-all "mp3" discussion stickied in technobabble in the next couple days. we have the same discussion every three months for years on end.

thetradersden.org | ttd recommended free software/freeware webring
shntool tlh eac foobar2000 spek audacity cdwave vlc

Quote:
Originally posted by oxymoron
Here you are in a place of permanent madness, be careful!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes