View Single Post
Old 2014-01-30, 01:36 PM
pretty when I'm drunk

Location: between my owners legs, and someone else's too, USA
Re: Bad Trader: ballsdeep

this is an interesting situation on many different levels, but there are actually a few key differences.

1. what I sent to trustthex was a drive full of music, on my nickel, a whole 16 gigs worth; whereas in this situation I was expected to fill up an UNsolicited 2TB harddrive (we were having vague discussions about doing something, then 4 days later this drive was at the doorstep) with ALL of my masters, going back to 2010

2. Mr. Silver Stallion (Randy) is not being completely forthcoming in regards to his timeline and how after being ignored for a 2nd time (the first time was from June 25 thru Oct 7 with nary a word; then after sending specific information about drive #2 to him on Oct 10-11, and not hearing a word from him for 2+ weeks again, I was like "fuck it, once my fault, twice his fault"...it would have been a LOT LONGER that 2 weeks, I imagine, if I'd not sent a "ok, you're not interested" note on Oct 26.

3. I never met Randy here, and he actually was contacting friends of mine thru FB that DO NOT TRADE HERE OR ON DIME asking about me...

4. being already rubbed a bit the wrong way by his lack of communication, it kind of weirded me out that not only was he soliciting friends of mine, but that when the shoe is on the other foot (being ignored) for him, he gets pretty impatient pretty quick. I ALSO was a bit peeved that he acted irritated that this friend of mine (Jort, in the Netherlands) was putting to DVD some Crowes videos from the Fillmore in 2010, and Randy implied that I'd """"""""promised""""""""" those videos to him when talking to Jort via FB

----------------------------------------------------------
MEMO TO RANDY:

----MY HARD DRIVE FAILED IN MY BRAND NEW CAMERA THAT WEEK (bought the cam in Nov of '10, and it kept having buffer override probs, apparently the top-end Sony handcams now top out at 32g internal drives, which kind of surprises me, I figgered they'd be up to a 500gig one by now)

----IT WAS A 120GIG MODEL, AND IT HAD BUFFER PROBLEMS FROM THE GET GO, BUT IT WOULD RECORD TO FLASH CARDS JUST FINE

----IN JAPANTOWN IN SF, A SINGLE 16GIG CARD, class 4 at that, WAS AROUND $50 @ WALGREENS

----SO, INSTEAD OF BLOWING $200 ON FLASH CARDS, JORT LOANED ME HIS SINGLE 16 GIGGER, AND WE DUMPED THE FILES ON 3 DIFF COMPUTERS EACH AND EVERY NIGHT

and, most importantly....

----JORT WAITED FOR THAT FOOTAGE FOR THREE YEARS, WITH NARY THE ATTITUDE YOU'VE PULLED ON ME IN LESS THAN 3 MONTHS TIME (November thru January)

BOTTOM LINE: WITHOUT JORT'S CARD, THERE WOULD BE NO CROWES VIDEOS. HENCE, HE PRETTY MUCH HAD DIBS. AND HE WAITED THREE YEARS TO GET THEM
---------------------------------

the drive holds 1.8 TB, it is now 129 gigs short of being full....or yeah, it has just short of 1.7TB of material on there.

it sure as SHIT needs to be cloned, probably twice, before being sent.

90% of what is on it is UNTORRENTED, UNCIRCULATED MASTERS, most of the videos ARE tripod shot...probably an easy $40-50K spend on obtaining said footage and audio, as I live in Alaska, and don't drive (though will be getting the license back this year, I lost it in '06 and just never bothered getting it back, driving 300K miles in the 90's taping shows will do that to ya)...I've spent over $10K alone on plane tickets since 2010.

in November, when Randy's undies got all in a bunch when I was serving him the medicine he had previously served me(being ignored), I was also out taping a couple PJ shows, 3 Meat Puppets gigs, Nine Inch Nails, Band Of Heathens, and Monster Magnet, and celebrating a birthday

December is holiday month, and January is "recover from the holiday bills month".

throw in separating from the girlfriend in that 3 month timeframe as well (we still get along fine, I've moved across the street, no one is fucking anyone else, we talk daily and eat dinner together every night), and yeah, I've been a bit busy.

what was the question again?

oh yeah, I have no problem honoring my original commitment Randy, as I always do what I say I'm going to do. if you're itching to do some dvds, I now own a few 64g sticks, pick some shows and I can dump 'em and send 'em this week.

however, it's gonna be 2-3 months before I get loot together to clone the drive, and possibly longer if I go to Jazzfest and Beal in late April/May....IF the Foo Fighters and Fogerty get added to Beale's already awesome lineup, it's pretty much guaranteed that I'll go....pretty much ALL of the good acts for Jazzfest are playing the weekend before Beale (I'll miss Springsteen, boohoo), and Alice In Chains is in Tunica the day before Beale....hoping for some Blackberry Smoke, or Toadies, or Willie Nelson, or Emmylou Harris, or....

it never felt so good to be so bad.....

balls out.