Thread: Modern Day FMs
View Single Post
Old 2007-09-05, 08:04 AM

Re: Modern Day FMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five
the cutoff is more abrupt in recent broadcasts, also the sound is very slurry like a lossy source... still, it would be expected to be able to see some blocky artifacts. I have noticed this with mainstream Toronto radio. If you could share a sample to rapidshare or similar I would like to take a closer look at it. I can also post SA screencaps for recent FM broadcasts I have taped & recieved. I can also contrast this with older (70s and 80s) broadcasts. btw I would be quite happy to discover that there is less lossy material being broadcast than I had previously estimated...
Not much time at the moment. I will try to ul on Rapidshare later. Never done this before though. First example is FooFighters2007-08-17. I grabbed it from ZOMB but a slightly different version is on DaD also.
And I would really like to see your old and modern screencaps. Think this is one of the few things which are missing here. Information about FMs is spread over a lot of different threats.
From what I've seen so far I think you didn't overestimate the degree of lossyness in modern day FM. But I still have a lot of CD-rs to check.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes