View Single Post
Old 2010-08-10, 06:20 PM
crumpet-stuffer
TTD Staff

Re: TTD Staff: Why don't you follow your own rules?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabkisscrue View Post
If you dont like what I have to say, dont read it. No one is putting a gun to your head.

But lets attempt to use your logic.

Youve authored some of the tripod guy's masters, is that right?
If not, somebody did.
This policy that you stand behind is the equivalent of saying now that you
or someone else has done that, they are theirs or your masters and they are no longer the filmers masters. Thats absurd.

I guarantee you the tripod guy who filmed those shows, who sent you or someone else his masters (just like multiple filmers have sent me their masters to transfer) is the one calling the shots, is the one saying whether or not you could torrent these shows and where you can torrent them.

If these were your masters that you transferred and authored, you would be calling the shots as well.

That is how it works.
Filmers always call the shots.
Right up until the first copy copy is traded out.

After that, he has no reasonable expectation of control - unless he's insane. Sure, his 1st gen circle will respect his wishes.. but not always. And the second group to get a copy? Forget it! It's out.

i don;t know how you expect anyone at TTD or anywhere else to enforce a ridiculous policy of pulling torrents down because the taper decides he wants to take his ball and run home. Someone else will just post it right back.

This has been tried at STG and was a failure. It's bad policy because it cannot be enforced.