View Single Post
Old 2006-01-18, 01:37 PM

port forwarding help (WinXP/Versalink327W) PLEASE?

In my house there are two machines online. A PC (WIN XP) and Mac (OSX.3). I have a Westell Versalink 327W router. The PC is wired to it and the Mac uses WIFI. The PC used to have ME for an OS and I got the ports configured properly. I'm more of a Mac guy but can get around on PC's as well. Using portforwarding.com steps for my setup I cannot seem to get the configurations proper. I would love to remedy this so I can connect again. My connection has been lowered to the cheapo DSL but it is still something with the ports. I know etree's firewall detection doesn't seem to work but on this site it shows my ports in RED. That does mean there is a problem right? I'm hoping someone who has this router and XP might have some insight. Is there some extra firewall built into XP or something?

I'm gonna give it another try right now. I had given up a few weeks ago when we got the new PC and OS.

I want to use 6881-6889 right? I want to follow the guide for "bit torrent" right? This one http://www.portforward.com/english/r...BitTorrent.htm

I have Verizon DSL. I sort of think they are trottling my ports. I don't know much about it but I have heard that they can and will limit externally. Anyone know much about that?

Last edited by cleantone; 2006-01-18 at 01:50 PM. Reason: adding info
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes