Thread: What is a SBE?
View Single Post
Old 2005-01-10, 12:49 PM

Re: What is a SBE?

Cheers guys - glad to know the time I spend avoiding revision isn't completely wasted However, Five's mention of Goldwave has made me realise I forgot something.

I'm 99% sure Goldwave can NOT split at sector boundaries, and I'm not entirely sure Cool Edit can either but I think it can but anyway. Goldwave can split at zero-crossings, but this is not the same as sector boundaries and can often be confused. Splitting at zero-crossings (i.e. when the waveform is at digital silence, as I mentioned earlier) will mean you don't get clicks, because there won't be a sudden jump in the sound level. However, you will still get a silence, which is infact almost inevitable if you use zero-crossings because the chances of a randomly place marker magically landing on a sector boundary are obviously severely limited if you insist the marker lands at zero amplitude.

There we go, can't think of anything else missing now. I promised pictures but I still haven't done them, although I have managed to read some more about management control as ethically problematic :geek: If anyone else wants to do some while I'm being all academic please feel free
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes