View Single Post
Old 2004-12-17, 12:57 PM
What'cha Got There?

Re: DVD Out Of Standard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssamadhi97
katnapz:

Try downloading dvd patcher and use it to patch the max bitrate stored in headers to 8.0MBit

http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=154#comments

Doing this should be enough to be able to burn the dvd and watch it without any problems. maybe make a backup copy of the video_ts folder on your harddisk, patch and see what you can come up with. Let us know how it turns out.

And finally tell us whatcha got, ffs
Thanks for the heads up on this program. I never would've realized from reading the description that it does anything like you mention. I'm guessing the end result output is the same structure/vobs?
I'm going to try both this program as well as DVD Shrink over the weekend (now that I'll have a bit more time to play) and just link into them both through the computer in my living room....that way I can just A/B them on a big screen tv without having to burn them first. I'll definately post an update in here to let you know how they compare (and also how user friendly DVD Patcher is for the those with a big learning curve. I've experimented with compressing in DVD Shrink, just to see how it works, but never really checked out the results.

Thanks to you and RainDawg for the suggestions....just haven't had time to really dig into them yet.