View Single Post
Old 2010-03-20, 03:31 PM
TTD Staff

Re: VHS Transfers & Quality [moved from the Van Halen Largo thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabkisscrue View Post
Thats laughable because:

1. Ive uploaded over multiple sites and id say around 30 or more things ive transferred.

2. Because all you have uploaded from vhs tapes is a couple of what appears to be multi-generated Blind Melon. Ugh.

Well than why have you only uploaded two multi-generated Blind Melon? Ugh.
what the hell are you talkin about? you continue to prove what everyone who's known you from other boards say

look, i don't need to justify anything, but you seem to have strange perception of this hobby and those involved with it so i'll break it down for ya...i'm a TAPER, i tape and author shows that i filmed or audio recorded, as a hobby to promote the bands i like...its not hard to find all the shows i've taped and u/led here, the link is either just left of this post or above

i transferred the Melon tapes for a bunch of the Melon forum folks who wanted them transferred cuz they were either upgrades to what was circulating or uncirculated all together, so i did it as a favor...is that a problem for you? do they not deserve to be able to watch something by their favorite band?

which brings us to the point --yer comment that i bolded above comes off extremely immature, like a kid lashing out...it'd would be like me saying, "oh you only transfer vhs tapes? pfft...yer not a taper, so you don't matter"

and i hate to tell you, but 30 transfers even in the amateur collector world does not make one a god, or even a notable contributor really...i'm not knockin you, just sayin watch out for these delusions of grandeur -- it makes you look like an ass, or worse a complete nutter

Quote:
Admitted? Are you serious? I do all that actually. But you dont wanna believe that..
okay, what programs are you using? hardware? exactly what post-production/restoration are you doing?

please fill us in, cuz according to every show you've u/led here, and the ones i've run across searching real quick, its nothing but a bunch of built-in "processors" on yer deck and camcorder passthroughs...no post production whatsoever...which then begs the question, if yer not lying here & you "do all that actually" -- are you lying on yer lineages?

Quote:
Total bullshit. Dont come on to a trading forum/torrent site and announce you have years in the entertainment industry then if you have nothing to show for it. Excuses excuses excuses.
so yer sayin you'd want me to u/l a documentary, commercial, or film that i've worked on [most of which are not even music related, a few that are], all of which are copyrighted works & commercially available, just to prove to you or anyone else here i work in film? yer sayin you find it acceptable to torrent officially released material? cuz thats not acceptable here, or any of the other collector/trading communities

as people from other trading communities have pointed out here and in other threads [which you wanted deleted], yer blind arrogance and obvious lack of knowledge has created a real reputation for yerself...and comments like the above really further that...if yer fine with tht then cool -- just know that while you are patting yerself on the back everyone else is

Quote:
Theres only talk about how great it is, because you keep questioning it and denying it. You refuse to accept it.
You also refuse to accept that my friend or myself has access to hundreds of masters. Bottom line, if there wasnt a discussion about this, id have more time to upload stuff if I didnt have to respond to garbage like this. You can believe what you want, but all that matters is results and I provide them and will continue to regardless of anybodys opinion.
i'm not denying or refusing to accept anything...you've continued making grandiose claims with no substantial evidence ...and yer not the first, this is something thats become more and more commonplace thanks to the intardnet, people who need to feed their ego because they can't get any self-worth outta real life

as you said, PUT UP OR SHUT UP! and if this site is so bad like you keep alluding to, why are you still here?! take yer tapes somewhere else! hell, start yer own trading site

but please, once answering the post-production question that i do feel is extremely important -- quit posting in here with empty claims and start u/ling all those masters & upgrades that everyone just can't live without...
cuz if ya don't yer just full of shit and we'll all keep posting back, pointing and laughing, cuz its funny to those of us who've been all thru this before