View Single Post
Old 2009-12-25, 09:41 AM

Re: EAC & Drive Offset

Quote:
Originally Posted by randytravis View Post
the list isn't accurate anymore, there's more than 20,000 discs in the database now. try a couple of different ones.
How about 39 different ones? after 37 cds with one found in the database, half the remaining ones not in the databse and other half not the correct pressing, I finaly got an idea! I pulled out some box sets and bingo bango! the next 2 were in the database! Box sets seem to only have one pressing, or at least the 2 I checked.

The first drive when running accruate rip wanted 3 discs to check, ergo the reason for so many discs. The 2nd drive only asked for 1 disc to check the database

And what's more interesting is that accurate rip determined both drives have +6 samples and +24 bytes!!!

I still don't know why comparing wavs from a known wav and a ripped wav didn't render anything other than zero for both drives. But now both my drives, instead of 0 offset, have +6!!!

I'm thinking of putting my old cd rom in and trying the compare wav method and the accuate rip method. I know the offset for that, if it were correct.

Thanks for your help Randy!

Last edited by bc2hander; 2009-12-25 at 09:44 AM. Reason: fergot something
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes