View Single Post
Old 2022-05-19, 06:46 PM

Re: Just switched to a Mac

Hi there - As a fellow Mac user, I've actually been hitting a wall when trying to *download* torrent filesets created with qBittorrent, and I've heard some chatter from other folks that it's not just me.

I used to use Vuze / Azuerus some years ago, but the bloat / ads / malware got to be too much. I don't do DIME, but since my wife likes to surf while she works on her desktop, she uses Transmission v3.00, which is extremely lightweight and ad-free, which convinced me to use it my laptop for TTD and LL. The only torrents I've run into any issues trying to download have been created with qBittorrent, as it creates little gnat-like ".pad" files, and some clients won't allow those to pass the check process. Other folks' mileage may vary, but I'm just sharing this here for whatever it might be worth. Cheers!

• • • •

Quote:
Originally Posted by co9ol View Post
I use to use Vuze but honestly I like qbittorrent way better. Less bloat simpler to deal with. Give it a try!

As for #2 if you've got Catalina you're doing better than me, I'm stuck with High Sierra. As for what to do I'd have to play around with it. There is an option of downloading Monterey, sticking on a USB drive, booting into recovery and then installing it from there. That would only work assuming your Mac is compatible and it might also wipe your files.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes